Saturday, February 12, 2011

Husqvarna Chainsaw

I was really excited to do a chainsaw ad. I had a ton of ideas, but none of them made me want to rush out and buy one. I also realized that there aren't a lot of reasons to own one other than that they're really cool. This is when I realized that, like most cool stuff, it's the fact that you can do it that makes it so appealing. This is when I realized I was scared of using a chainsaw because they're dangerous. Unless someone shows you how to use one you'll probably not want one. The youtube idea was not part of the plan until I saw the video and was a little shocked that Husqvarna's name was all over them. The videos are pretty nerve-racking. Anyway, the concept is to get chainsaws in people's hands, so they feel the power, get over the fear, and say, "yeah I can chop my own wood and look pretty darn badass in the process."
This layout looks disconnected, clunky and I don't even want to read it. After a lot of remorse I decided to kill the youtube idea altogether. 
Much better. At least now it's readable.
I made this ad because it was Saturday and I had extra time. I  also want to figure out some way to make this a campaign that works with facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment